Friday, July 30, 2010

Now its time to say goodbye...

I always loved that Mickey Mouse Club Song :)

Coming into this class, I believed that SmartBoards and WebQuests were the extent of technology used in the classroom. From time to time, internet searches were used here and there but mainly lecture and things of the sort invaded most of the class experience. After this class now, I feel that type of thinking was quite minimal. There's an array of different programs and tools that could be utilized that I've never known about. It is disappointing to know that all of these tools were out there and I am just learning about many of them now.

The tools that I will definitely use in my own classroom would be Glogster, Jing, Googledocs, Wiki, and Google Earth. These were my favorite because I could see myself usng them in various different ways for an array of different types of lessons. I can use Google Earth to show exactly where Shakespeare's Globe Theatre is and where "Romeo and Juliet" took place and I can use Jing to teach the students how to revise their own work. These programs would be a large part of shaping my curriculum to fit the new style of thinking that is the 21st century learner.

On another note, I thought the class presentation were great. My only problem was the whole process. I felt it took too long to get everything together and I wish everyone could have been a little bit more prepared since Dr. S sent out a message saying to be ready. It turned out well though. I think everyone did a great job and I received so much information that I know I could use for my future. So thank you everyone for sharing their project with me.

On to the blogs. I was never a fan of blogging. I understand and embrace the purpose of blogging but I do not like to blog. I have commented on various different peoples blogs. I have recently commented on Joanne Kuri's blog Extra Extra Read All About It!, Pamela's "Final Reflection", and Tara's "colorful Uniqueness of Everyone's Blogs".
I have found everyone else's blog interesting yet the action of blogging still has not caught my interest.

Dr. Smirnova, I appreciate everything you have taught us and I look forward to wworking with you again!

Good Luck everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment