Saturday, July 31, 2010

Making sure I have it right...

The presentation that I gave, Using Jing and Screencast-omatic to enhance Literacy was difficult because it is not something that everyone uses on a daily basis. I think that I did a pretty good job nonetheless. Here is my self-reflection:

1. Organization of the presentation (flow, length, practiced). Presentation parts: Intro, Body, and Conclusion + References and Appendices.
-I made sure to begin with general information and then began giving information about Jing.com and Screencast-omatic.com and finalized with reflections to summarize.
2. Topic stimulation (active engagement).
-I was fully engaged and continued to ask questions to make sure classmates were involved.
3. Usefulness of materials (clear, practical, handy, relevant, informative, handout(s), resources provided).
-Examples were given of ways these programs can be used in and out of the classroom.
4. Knowledge of the topic (expertise, good ideas, insights).
-I researched both jing and screencast-omatic as well as other screen cast programs to get the full affect of these types of programs. I believe I became an expert at this type of program.
5. Scope of teaching ideas and curriculum impact (goals clear, important, appropriate, significant, doable).
-I gave examples of ways teachers can implements lesson plans with these programs and or simply teach with these programs.
6. Effort (digging deep, extensive depth displayed in the research and provided presentation, work-work-work-work, persistence).
-I researched all different types of programs like Jing so that I can fully understand the different types of programs and so I can also get a comparison.
7. Audience involvement (Grabbers, Check for Understanding stops, activities, Summative assessment tools, etc.).
-I asked questions to get my classmates involved and active.
8. References (APA style is followed).
- I followed APA format and sited all of my websites that I utilized in my presentation.

There would be a few things that I would change about my presentation but I think for the most part it went well. I thank everyone for their support, especially my group!

No comments:

Post a Comment